Saturday, April 9, 2011

Synchronicity at it's best

Synchronicity is the only word that comes to mind when it comes to this project.  A couple of weeks ago I went to an auction (I love going to live auctions).  While browsing the boxes of junk and stuff I spotted a crate full of giant ziplock bags, each filled with scrap booking papers, different themes, colors, with all sorts of bits and bobs to match...woohoo my heart skipped a beat!  I had to win the bid on it!  So when the auctioneer came around and started the bid out I was ready.  I got the winning bid at $11! Now I usually don't spend over $2-3 at a time...so $11 was a huge leap for me. Well, I just looked through the crate...and there are exactly 30 giant ziplocks!  Sound familiar?  30 days of creating ATCs!  Wow.....Maybe that was a subliminal hint for me to launch the project.  I wont collage every ATC that I make for this project because I would get bored real fast and I loved to paint and draw and write on my ATCs without the complication of collaged material.  Yet, there are some fascinating themes in those giant ziplocks that get my creative juices flowing already.

Very excited to get going... 6 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment